I've been feeling cheeky lately, and really wanted to eat my vegetables in the form of a cake. When you're on the ketogenic diet, sometimes all you want is a tasty cake for breakfast instead of the usual meat, eggs, and avocado (while this is still delicious, who doesn't want to mix it up sometimes?). Oh and it is 3 NET CARBS per serving! Amazing.
This was my first attempt at a Keto Carrot Cake... The frosting is not dairy free, because what is a Carrot Cake without cream cheese frosting? But I hear you, if you are strictly dairy free you can sub out the cream cheese for non dairy cream cheese (Kite Hill has a great product), and use full fat coconut cream instead of heavy whipping cream.
I'm not into those super long blog posts about the food blogger's day and all that... I am just here to share some delicious recipes I have used. So scroll past this photo and snag this recipe!
KETO CARROT CAKE
1/2 Cup Granular or Confectioners Erythritol
5 Tbsp butter, softened
2 Tbsp unsweetened nut milk (I use macadamia nut milk, any nut milk will do)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tbs Primal Palate Gingersnap Seasoning (equal parts cinnamon and ground allspice also works)
1/2 Cup finely grated carrot
4oz Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Confectioners Erythritol
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9" cake pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, Beat the erythritol and butter until fluffy.
3. Next, add in the eggs, nut milk, and vanilla. Mix.
4. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and spices.
5. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the shredded carrot and then mix until it is integrated into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool before frosting.
1. In a bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until it becomes blended together. Add in the erythritol and vanilla, and continue to mix. Lastly, add in the heavy whipping cream slowly and the frosting will begin to fluff. You can always add more cream to make the frosting your desired consistency.
3 NET CARBS PER SERVING! (If you cut the cake in 8 equal serving pieces)